Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Random : All about my Lipsticks [ Lipstick collection, Favorite lipstick and Lipstick Tag ]



As you guys already know, I am a huge lipstick fan! At first, it wasn't my thing. I was okay with a powder and blush, but then I discovered lipsticks. And holy macaroni!! I think it is one of the most beautiful thing ever created! They make me happy. Every time I feel down, I put them all out and swatch them all over and over again. ( LOL. Weird?! ) I don't really understand why, but it makes me feel better. Being an "impulsive" buyer, I was more on the quantity than the quality. But I have a learned a lot that's why I am planning on investing on products with better quality ( even if it's expensive. YES! ) 




A month ago, I asked on FB if you guys recommend a fun tag that I should do. And Miss Nicole Paler of Axons and Dendrites recommended me this tag that she saw on KIKAYSIMARIA's blog. I think it's really a fun tag, and it's so me! So, I am doing it now! ♥

As of the moment, I have 34 lipsticks/lip tints on hand. I haven't used all of them, well 80 percent of them. NOT EVEN ONCE! Bad?! I know! And I also am aware that a lot of you or other bloggers have more lipsticks than I do, and they have better quality ones. But I just want to share with you guys what I have for more than a year of collecting makeup. :)

NYX RLS
Fig, Fire, Hermes, Hero, Indian Pink, Louisiana, Narcissus, Orange Soda, Paris, Pink Lyric, Sierra, Snow White, Spellbound, Strawberry Milk, Thalia
NYX Matte Lipstick
Shocking Pink
NYX SMLC
Addis Ababa
NYX XLC
Nude Peach Fuzz
Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks
Love That Red, Mauvey, Mirrored Mocha, Off Beat Pink, Pink Flame , Scarlet, Skin
Ever Bilena Pro Longwear
Eager
Wet N' Wild
508, 514A
Shawill
No. 04
Maybelline ColorSensational
Fifth Ave. Fuchsia
Loreal Infallible
Mulberry, Beyonce's Red
Tony Moly Cheek and Lip Tint
 Cherry
MeMeMe
Poppy Tint 

And from the 34 products that I own, here are my top 10 favorites. 
 

 Let me start off with the nudes. 
L-R : EB Mirrored Mocha, EB Mauvey and Revlon Mauve it Over


The pink ones. 
L-R: EB Off Beat Pink, NYX SMLC Addis Ababa, NYX Matte Lipstick Shocking Pink and MAYBELLINE Fifth Ave. Fuchsia


And then the reds. 
L-R: EB Love that Red, NYX RLS Hero and Loreal Infallible Beyonce's Red
 If you want to see lip swatches of my RED lipsticks, click HERE

 

TAG QUESTIONS:
1. When you were a child, did you use your mother's lipsticks?
My mom do not use any makeup at all. But my aunts told me that when I was a kid I will always, ALWAYS raid their bags and get their lipsticks. 

2. How old were you when you bought your first lipstick?
I thik I was 16 or 17. It all started when EB had their Php99.00 sale on their matte lipsticks. :P 
 
3. Pink or red lipstick?
Pink. BRIGHT PINK!

4. The most expensive lipstick you have ever bought?    
As of the moment, i think it's the Revlon Matte Lipstick. It cost me Php 525.oo or something.

5.  And the cheapest?
The wet n' wild that I got for 88 or 99 pesos for 2. I got it from Kering-keri store, just for the sake of buying it. :P 
FYI: 
They are dark brown colors! :P 

6. What's the most bizarre thing you have ever done with a lipstick?
Hmm.. NONE, I think. :P I used some to practice my signature. Is that counted?!

7. If you had to recommend a lipstick, which brand would you recommend and why? 

Wide range of colors?! 
NYX Round Lipsticks! They have tons. 
But if you want to invest on some higher end products, MAC. :) 

Formulation?
I love Maybelline ColorSensational's formulation. And NYX's Matte Lipstick also. 

Long Wearing?
Loreal Infallible! And Maybelline ColorSensational is a bit long wearing too. 

8. Favorite PINK lipstick.
Maybelline Fifth Ave. Fuchsia and NYX Matte in Shocking Pink. 

9. Favorite NUDE. 
Revlon in Mauve it Over and EB's Mauvey.

10. Favorite RED.
EB Love that Red. 

11. Favorite unusual shade. 
Is a mocha-ish shade unusual?! EB Mirrored Mocha then. 

I tag all of you!! My readers and my fellow bloggers! ♥ Please do this tag and link it down below, or on my FB page. :) 
YEY! That's it! I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did! It was so much fun! I love TAG things! And this one is extra special cause it's all about lipsticks. :) If you guys want me to review anything from my list, please let me know! :) And I will be doing a separate post on my NYX Round Lippies soon. So, stay tuned for that! :) 

What are your TOP 10 Lipsticks!? Do you guys liked mine?! Or have you ever tried some products I mentioned?! How was your experience with them?
COMMENT DOWN BELOW! ♥

My latest post. 
 

My latest review. 
 
Like my FB page. HERE
Follow me on Twitter.@michelchellie
Follow me on Instagram.
Follow my blog via GFC and Bloglovin.




 
 

14 comments:

  1. Hey sis! can you do a review of the nyx loisiana RLS? :) pretty please? thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will review all my rls soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww! you have a lot of NYX round lippies!! I enjoyed reading this post! andami mong lippies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha... yes. those were the days that I am quantity over quality person. but now, i have learned na. :P i really want to buy the ones I can wear. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a dilemma in buying lipstick.. I want to collect as much as possible but at the same time I feel like I have too many already and I don't like neglecting products.. and teka, are you saying that NYX lipstick are not of good quality?

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, i bought the nyx rls just for the sake of buying it... i WAS a "quantity > quality" type of person.. but now, i invest more sa quality kasi i dont want to neglect products din..

    NO.. hehe i was just saying na there are a lot of products that have BETTER quality than NYX's... theyre okay but i am not inlove with them.. basta ganun. hhehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your collection . The NYX hot pink looks stunning on your skin tone . I found your blog the the blog party . Would love it if you took at look at my latest post .
    http://boldbrashbeautiful.blogspot.com/ <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh thanks! and awww..thank you for your compliment melissa! :)

    i will! im heading there now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grabe sis 34! ang dami! :) hehe Kakainggit ang collection mo! :) Ako lima lng ata... haha Tapos isa lang ang palagi kong ginagamit, ung watershine ng maybelline, I really love ung mga nude shades nila. I only have 1 red shade ung snow white ng nyx, pero hindi ko pa na try gamitin I dont think I could wear really red shades like you... :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha thank you! :D di ko ga alam bakit ako nagkaron ng gnyan kadami e di ko naman ginagamit lahat. :P ooooh... isa lang maybelline ko pa. the colorsensational. :D favorite ko ngayon :) ooh no! hehe mahirap ako sa red kasi maitim ako eh :P may shades na di tlga bagay. you should try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!! Nice post!!:) Will do this tag soon!:) Dame mo naman lippies! HEHE!! Followed your blog dear.. If you have time, maybe you can visit mine too? Btw, same tayo ng name.. hehe.. XOXO -mitchie


    http://mitchiekyuti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh thank you! hehehe... thanks thanks! i will check your blog out, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm done eye-ing on pink shades of lippies. I tried one nude shade from San San, di ko masyadong gusto kasi it made my lips super dark. Mali lang ako ng napili. I might try Ever Bilena's :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe. when I started I was obsessed with nude lippies. But now I like bright pink shades more. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER

My blog is all about BEAUTY and life in general. I am NOT an expert on anything, but I hope you find this blog helpful in some way. The products featured are either bought by my OWN personal money, gifted or sponsored. However, all reviews are based on my own experiences and personal opinion about them. Remember the golden rule, "What works for others MIGHT not work for you." Buy with your own discretion. PLEASE DO NOT COPY THE CONTENT AND PHOTOS ON MY BLOG AND CONSIDER IT AS YOUR OWN. Kindly ask for a permission first and make sure to give proper credits and link back to my blog. THANK YOU!